.HVAC stand for Heat ventilation and Air conditioning. Which maintain human comfort by various properties of air .Every human needs comfort in order to maintain comfort level in a closed room. HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) is the technology of indoor and vehicular environmental comfort. Its goal is to provide thermal comfort and acceptable indoor air quality. HVAC system design is a sub discipline of Mechanical Engineering, based on the principles of Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, and Heat Transfer. HVAC is important in the design of medium to large industrial and office buildings. Where safe and healthy building conditions are regulated with respect to temperature and humidity, using fresh air from outdoors.
▪ Fundamental and scope of HVAC
▪ Mode of heat transfer
▪ Refrigeration cycle
▪ Component of A/C
▪ Refrigerants and types
Classification of Air-Conditioning System
▪ Window Air Conditioning Systems.
▪ Split Air Conditioning Systems
▪ Central Air Conditioning Systems.
▪ Package Air Conditioning Systems.
Fundamental and scope of HVAC
▪ Air cooled system of air conditioning.
▪ Chilled water system of air conditioning.
▪ Air water system of air conditioning.
▪ Direct refrigerant system of air conditioning.
Study of Psychometric
▪ Properties of Air (DBT, %RH, WB, DPT, enthalpy).
▪ Orientation of Building
▪ To Read Latitude of Location of building
▪ Calculation of U factor for wall, glass,
▪ Roof and Partition
▪ Calculation of Equivalent Temp.
▪ Difference for wall, glass, Roof and Partition
▪ Cooling and Heat Load Calculation using
▪ ASHRAE Standards
▪ Calculation Of sensible Heat Factor, ADP and Dehumidified CFM
Chilled water system
▪ Definition of STHE & Explain.
▪ Study about Chilled Water Systems
▪ Types & Application of Chillers
▪ Open loop & Closed loop system- Chilled water pipe sizing
▪ Types of Valves & Its Connection, Valve Authority
▪ Primary and Secondary pump system,
▪ Hydraulic Calculation for Pump Selection
▪ Expansion Tank Sizing, Air Separator, Pump Cavitations, Pump Curves
▪ NPSH Calculation for Pumps, Advance Psychrometric Analysis, Determine Mix Air
▪ Temperature, Calculate the Flow of Air, ESHF, Ton of Refrigeration, Design of CAV & VAV System.
Components of Chilled Water system
Heat Gain Calculation
Hour analysis Program
▪ Cooling and Heating Load calculation using Hourly Analysis Program (HAP)
▪ Calculation of duct sizes by Mc-Quay Duct Sizer
Equipment and Air Terminal
▪ Air terminal selection. •
▪ Cold storage selection. •
▪ Selection of Materials of Ducts. •
▪ Primary and secondary pump selections. •
▪ Duct material selection. •
▪ Selection of cooling tower. •
▪ Selection of Chillers. •
▪ AHU and FCU classification and selection. •
▪ Package unit selection DX unit selection
▪ Section dwg
▪ Refrigerant Pipe sizing. Chilled water pipe sizing.
▪ Calculation of Chilled water pipe sizes by Mc-Quay pipe Sizer Software,
ESTIMATION OF PROJECT
Understanding the tendering requirements
BOQ (Bill of quantities).
Pump Head Calculation
Static Pressure Calculation
Selection of Motor HP
Selection Fan/Blower RPM
Ventilation and Fresh Air
▪ Ventilation, Infiltration load calculations.
▪ Restaurant and residence kitchen ventilation system design.
▪ Parking area ventilation and designing.
▪ Toilet ventilation (Industrial and residential).
▪ Evaporative Losses calculation in cooling towers.
▪ Stairwell pressurization system designing.
DRAFTING OF HVAC SYSTEMS
▪ Introduction to Drafting,
▪ Types of Drawings used in the industry,
▪ Study & Preparation of Floor Drawings,
▪ Prepare the company title block by using logos